Permanent full-time employment (Monday to Friday; 35 hours per week)
Who we are
Phil creates fundraising and communication strategies and tools specifically for socially-missioned organizations and businesses. We offer strategy, fundraising, branding, human resources, IT and social media marketing services.
We’re a small and talented team with one thing in common: our clients are our heroes. Every member of our team was drawn to working with us because of our commitment and shared values that align with being a B Corp. We truly believe that businesses can be a force for good.
Visit https://phil.ca to learn more about us.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking an Account Manager with a strong grasp of client needs within the social sector, to effectively drive our clients’ missions forward. Under the supervision of the Account Director, this person is responsible for managing designated client accounts. Their primary role is to deeply engage with clients, comprehending their perspectives, challenges, and objectives.
Being the singular point of contact for assigned clients, the Account Manager ensures the familiarity of clients with Phil’s processes and policies, establishes clear expectations, and is available when expected. Acting as the internal representative of clients, the Account Manager streamlines information and communication flow within our team, and contributes to the preparation of proposals and contracts. This includes overseeing project statuses and keeping clients consistently updated, prioritizing their satisfaction with our services, deliverables, and outcomes.
For this role, we are only hiring Canadian citizens, permanent residents, Canadian residents with a valid work permit, or persons granted refugee status in Canada. You must be legally allowed to work in Canada according to Canadian legislation and regulations.
As Phil’s Account Manager, you’ll have several key responsibilities:
- Overseeing clients needs, while actively participating in the organizational growth of the company
- Determining the resources required to effectively carry out projects
- Planning the mandates assigned to them in collaboration with the project manager and ensuring their follow-up.
- Monitoring budget and overall profitability of accounts, and occasionally assisting the business development team and the Account Director in developing annual projections.
- Effectively supporting the team and helping them define priorities
- Ensure the quality of deliverables, particularly by reviewing the writing of analyses and reports produced by the team.
- Working in conjunction with strategy, creative and external partners/collaborators
- Should stay aware of all pitches and proposals, and may be requested to assist the business development team for proposals. May also be requested to help scope out projects and calculate the cost of a project for the proposal.
- Assist in Phil’s strategy development by conducting research, collaborating on project briefs, evaluating branding challenges, creating briefs, staying updated on trends, managing smaller projects, and supporting overall team output.
- A solid understanding of creative, technical, and content production processes and standards.
- At least 3 years of experience in a client-facing role, ideally in a fast-paced production environment like an agency.
- Excellent proficiency in both French and English, spoken and written to accommodate clients in the language of their choice and to ensure the quality of writing.
- Strong yet natural communication skills, with an ability to take complex ideas and make them incredibly easy to understand.
- Capable of maintaining flexibility in managing diverse client needs and evolving priorities.
- Highly organized and able to manage responsibilities on multiple concurrent projects.
- You need to share our mission and values as indicated on our website. Have a genuine desire to create meaningful, authentic relationships, and to care for people who need our help.
- Technological literacy. You don’t have to be a computer hacker, but you will need to play nice with different types of software and technology.
- Knowledge of Zoho and general CRM tools is an asset.
Diversity and Inclusion
Phil values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages all people of color, Indigenous peoples, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, people with diverse abilities, and members of cultural minorities to apply. We are committed to providing equal opportunities; applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, nor citizenship status.
We are committed to equitable participation in the recruitment experience. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter by email to [email protected]. Please ensure the cover letter explains why you’re interested in working at Phil and highlights relevant past work experiences or projects including your role in them.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.