Who we are
Phil creates fundraising and communication strategies and tools specifically for socially-missioned organizations and businesses. We offer strategy, fundraising, branding, IT and social media marketing services. We’re a small and talented team with one thing in common: our clients are our heroes. Every member of our team was drawn to working with us because of our commitment and shared values that align with being a B Corp. We truly believe that businesses can be a force for good.
Under the supervision of the Content Strategist, the Communications Intern will assist in various aspects of external and internal communications by providing support to the communications team in writing content for Phil’s internal reference tool (wiki) and other projects and reporting documents .
- Assist and coordinate with the team to produce internal communications content that informs staff and clients about different policies and procedures
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice, including web content
- Create or translate content for client projects that delivers on communications objectives
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Take part in researching and brainstorming
- Identify new techniques to make communications more effective
- Internal content creation: 80 % of the week
- Supporting the communications team in projects: 20% of the week
What will help you be successful
- BA in communications, journalism, English or French language arts, marketing, or other related field
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to translate (French and English)
- Autonomous and collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for our mission and sharing our values
Remote; full-time (35 hours/week, negotiable); contract for 12 weeks (subject to renewal); paid internship
A note on diversity and inclusion
We are working hard to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Phil aims to create a workplace that ensures everyone has equal access to opportunities, where everyone is safe, and there is intentional value in the voices of people who have traditionally been exploited and marginalized. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We are committed to equal opportunity and treatment at work regardless of ethnicity, race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or religion.
Interested to apply?
For this role, we are only hiring Canadian citizens, permanent residents, Canadian residents with a valid work permit, or persons granted refugee status in Canada. You must be legally allowed to work in Canada according to Canadian legislation and regulations
Send your resume to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter that indicates why you’d like to work at Phil, and examples of past work experiences or projects, if any, that you feel are relevant.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.