WE’RE HIRING !
Who we are
Phil creates fundraising and communication strategies and tools specifically for socially-missioned organizations and businesses. We offer Strategy, Fundraising, Branding, Technology and Social Media services. We’re a small and talented team with one thing in common: our clients are our heroes. It’s why we love working at Phil. Every member of our team was drawn to working with us because of our commitment and shared values that align with our B Corp certification: using business as a force for good.
We are looking for a WordPress website integrator responsible for both back-end and front-end development. This position requires a combination of programming skills (basic HTML5 & CSS3) and aesthetics (understanding layout and element arrangements, creative styling, and so on, but no hands-on design experience is required). The candidate should have a solid understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is a must. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Building wireframes and prototypes based on designs or sketches
- Building and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Handling hosting, maintenance, and updates for wordpress websites
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Creating WordPress training material for clients and provide training to clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- A relevant degree or at least 1 year of experience in a related field, or a combination of experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience managing websites for an organization, including administration of hosting environments, CMS configuration and ongoing maintenance.
- Expertise in front-end web development.
- Understanding of HTML5 & CSS3.
- Experience in configuring and managing content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal (Phil uses WordPress for the majority of its web applications).
- Strong understanding of user experience/user interface principles (UX/UI), responsive design and web development, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of fellow team members, executives, managers, external groups and subject matter experts.
- Attention to detail is a must, including as it pertains to QA/testing and writing documentation.
- Highly organized and able to work independently to complete projects on deadline (though support will always be available when needed!).
- Ability to work efficiently and independently. We are looking for a candidate that is proactive and willing to learn.
Nice to Have (Not Required)
- Experience with digital marketing or SEO best practices
- Experience working with the Divi theme
- Experience with digital ad platforms (Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager)
- Conversational/working knowledge of both French and English. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Phil is a B Corp certified company, committed to employment equity. Our goal is to have a representative workforce and to achieve equitable participation by eliminating any disadvantage in the employment experience. We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Send your résumé to [email protected].
Please include examples of websites you’ve built or collaborated on (explain your role in the project).
Submit your application by October 2nd, 5pm!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
For this role, we are only hiring Canadian citizens, permanent residents, Canadian residents with a valid work permit, or persons granted refugee status in Canada. You must be legally allowed to work according to Canadian legislation and regulations.