Remote; 20 to 35 hours per week (flexible); 3 month duration.
This is a paid internship.
Who we are
Phil creates strategies and tools for not-for-profits, charities, foundations, and socially-missioned businesses. We offer communications, fundraising, creative and technology services to clients of all sizes.
We’re a small and talented team with one thing in common: our clients are our heroes. It’s why we love working at Phil. Every member of our team was drawn to working with us because of our commitment and shared values that align with our B Corp certification: using business as a force for good.
What we’re looking for
After a year of challenges and transformation initiated by the global pandemic, we’ve begun looking to the future with optimism and are building back stronger than ever. We’re making investments in our infrastructure, processes, and tools, all of which will better support our team and serve our changemaking clients.
We have a vision for how we want our workplace to function, and for the experience we want our employees to have. And now we’re looking for someone to help bring that vision to life, working alongside our management team to design and implement solutions that will impact many different parts of our organization.
As our Operations & HR Coordinator, you’ll have several high-level responsibilities:
- Conduct research, draft, and help implement new workplace policies, processes, and tools in a variety of domains, including employee health and wellness, collaboration, safety, human rights, compliance, and office stewardship.
- Assist in the development of a new employee feedback and review process and help train managers and employees to conduct effective reviews.
On a daily/weekly basis, you’ll be:
- Working closely with the Director of Operations and People.
- Researching industry trends, best practices, and innovative approaches to traditional business challenges.
- Drafting policy documents, process maps, training guides, and other relevant documents.
- At times, working one-on-one or with groups of employees to support the research or implementation of new solutions.
- Helping to coordinate related projects and keeping schedules on track.
We’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in how organizations and people work, and more importantly, how they can work better. You’ll need to be comfortable working in a small organization where projects move quickly and priorities sometimes change.
What will help you be successful:
- A post-secondary degree (completed or in progress) in a related field, or with a demonstrated interest in the role (please provide supporting examples).
- Highly organized and able to manage responsibilities on multiple concurrent projects.
- A desire to pursue a career in operations or human resources, particularly with a desire to explore unconventional or innovative (non-traditional) models in either field.
- A desire to work in a small organization where people move quickly and break things. (In a good way).
- Bilingualism: you will need the ability to understand written and spoken French and English. You will also need to have excellent spoken and written skills in one of these languages, either English or French.
- In other words, we do not require perfect bilingualism, just the ability to understand and accommodate colleagues in the language of their choice (and they will do the same for you).
- Technological literacy. You don’t have to be a computer hacker, but you will need to play nice with different types of software and technology.
- Ability to work remotely, as this is a fully remote position.
- Most importantly, you will need to share our mission and values as indicated on our website.
A note on diversity and inclusion
At Phil, we realize that the world is not a fair place. That is why we are committed to letting everyone have a fair chance and to achieve equitable participation by eliminating any disadvantage in the employment experience. This means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are not only recognized and respected, but appreciated and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
We strongly encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume by email to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter that describes why you’d like to work at Phil, and you may also include examples of past work experiences or projects that you feel are relevant to this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.