Deborah is smart, savvy, effective, empathetic and fun to work with.
She has a knack for asking questions that get to root causes fast. She helps clients discover and explore insights, achieve breakthrough thinking, catalyse change and build momentum toward their social impact goals. As a communication and change management specialist, she partners with clients to help them build and implement strategies that involve key stakeholders and build influence to achieve their social purpose.
Prior to consulting, Deborah led the global internal communication functions at both Alcan and Bombardier Aerospace. She has a BSc from Carleton and earned her MBA at the John Molson School of Business.
Deborah is a registered Innoweave social enterprise coach.
Deborah’s volunteer work includes:
- Member, planning and design team. McGill University’s GROOC 2.0 (a MOOC for groups) and McGill’s lower campus World Social Forum event: “On the earth, for the earth: Acting together for a cool planet”
- Online facilitator. McGill University’s GROOC 1.0 “Social learning for social impact”
- Jury member and coach, McGill’s Dobson Cup, Social enterprise stream
- Strategic advisor, Le Salon 1861
- Strategic advisor, Myko
- VP Membership, International Association of Business Communicators Montréal (IABC/Montréal)
- Member, International Association of Business Communicators, Membership Taskforce and lead on the Corporate membership working group
- Founding member, Women Investing for Impact (WIFI)
- Founding partner, Peace Grantmakers’ Network
- Executive member of the board, Equitas: International Centre for Human Rights Education
- Project lead, feasibility and social business modelling studies for a sustainable urban farming project
- Nomination committee, Résidence Projet Chance
- Board member, VP Fund development, Montreal Women’s Y