Who we are
Phil creates strategies and tools for not-for-profits, charities, foundations, and socially-missioned businesses. We offer communications, fundraising, creative and technology services to clients of all sizes.
We’re a small and talented team with one thing in common: our clients are our heroes. It’s why we love working at Phil. Every member of our team was drawn to working with us because of our commitment and shared values that align with our B Corp certification: using business as a force for good.
What we’re looking for
We’re growing fast, and we’re juggling dozens of customers and projects of all sizes, with many more on the horizon. We’re looking for an Account Manager to look after our clients and help achieve their mission. A great Account Manager takes the time to understand each client’s unique perspective, identify their real needs, and propose solutions that maximize their impact.
As our Account Manager, you’ll have several high-level responsibilities:
- Take ownership of all (assigned) client relationships, ensuring that customers are happy and feel that we are their close ally.
- Represent each client internally by providing our teams with comprehensive briefs, answering questions, and providing feedback from the client’s perspective.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-brief, on-budget, and wherever possible, exceed clients’ expectations.
- Maximize communication and collaboration between anyone working on a client project, whether internal team members, external contractors, client team members or suppliers.
- Help our production team do great work by providing clarity, helping them think strategically, and sharing insightful results and constructive feedback.
On a daily/weekly basis, you’ll be:
- Working closely with a Project/Production Manager to maintain a clear picture of current priorities, upcoming work, timelines and available resources.
- Supporting our sales team as they create proposals, estimates, and presentations; participating in pitches or meetings with prospective clients when necessary; and onboarding new clients.
- Being each client’s day-to-day point of contact, fielding their questions, helping them solve problems, keeping them up to date on their projects, and communicating feedback to/from our internal team.
- Briefing our production team on client projects, organizing brainstorming/strategy meetings, working with our Creative Director to refine ideas, and providing ongoing support and feedback to designers, developers, copywriters, collaborators, and so on.
- Working with our external network of collaborators and suppliers to engage them when their particular skills are needed on a project (e.g. printers, photographers, fundraising specialists, etc.).
- Closing, reviewing, and reporting on completed projects so that we can improve; debriefing clients and proposing next steps.
We’re looking for someone ultra-organized and a great communicator. You’ll need to stay on top of projects while gently nudging clients towards the finish line. And when schedules change or priorities shift without warning, you’ll be the one setting an example by keeping calm and staying positive.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, ideally in a fast-paced production environment like an agency.
- A genuine desire to create meaningful, authentic relationships, and to care for people who need our help.
- A solid understanding of creative, technical, and content production processes and standards.
- Next-level organizational skills. Seriously, people will probably ask you for tips on how to better manage their lives, oh wise one.
- Natural communication skills, with an ability to take complex ideas and make them incredibly easy to understand.
- Technological literacy. You don’t have to be a computer hacker, but you will need to play nice with different types of software and technology.
- Excellent proficiency in both French and English, spoken and written. Ideally, you’re perfectly bilingual.
- Ability to work from our office in Little Burgundy (downtown Montreal).
- Most importantly, you will need to share our mission and values.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only selected candidates for interviews will receive a reply. Thank you.