Humber College’s Fundraising Management is the only full-time graduate program of its kind in the Toronto area. They train creative, knowledgeable professionals in campaign management, ethical philanthropy, grant requests, event management, direct marketing, major gifts and other fundraising activities. Each summer, the program’s students intern at an organization to refine the skills they learned and to make a hands-on contribution.
Internships are usually in the Toronto area, but students are free to go elsewhere too. These students are top-notch experts, and could give any organization a serious boost. That’s why we are letting all of our non-profit and community contacts know about it. Payment is optional, but highly encouraged, as there are more internship opportunities than there are students.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity! If you have financial concerns, here’s what Humber College professor Ken Wyman, CFRE, suggests:
“Organizations post both paid and unpaid internships. Not surprisingly, the students prefer the paid positions. However, they sometimes opt for unpaid placements that offer valuable experiences to enhance their career paths.
Funding may be available to help cover internship or employment costs. Here are a few leads. Because of time constraints, we are not able to provide you with a full list. However, you may wish to look into programs such as these. Deadlines vary, and you might find this useful in planning ahead.
- Federal grants for summer jobs or interns: Service Canada
- Federal Business Wage Subsidies: Canada Business Network Wage subsidies
- Federal grants, contributions and financial assistance for businesses: Canada Business Network Grants, contributions and financial assistance
- Ontario Summer Experience Program
- Ontario Summer Jobs Services: Canada Business Network Summer Jobs Service (Ontario)
- Ontario will give students 15-29 $3,000 to start a summer business: Summer Company Program
- Grants for ‘capacity building’ are available through several foundations, including Ontario Trillium Foundation.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.”
There are 35 students ready to help your organization, but don’t delay in your posting. Several students have already secured their internships. You can post yours at http://coop.Humber.ca now. Each time you create or update a posting, it goes to the top of the list.
Please email fundraisingprogram@Humber.ca if you would like more information.