Founder & CEO, she/her
With over 25 years of experience as a key player working with local, national, and international charities in marketing and fundraising, Kim is a force to reckon with.
She boils down complicated strategies and issues to make them bite-sized and simple, making each step towards progress a lot easier than often anticipated. As she leads her B corporation to thrive, she radiates her intrinsic values of equity, collaboration, and determination, never settling for less. To do this, Kim mobilizes her creativity and wit to reach and surpass collective goals.
Raised by two entrepreneurs in the advertising industry, Kim had known from a young age she wanted to follow suit in some capacity. It was while working with charities as a freelance graphic designer that the social sector issued a clarion call: take action to improve the impact of organizations. When she founded Phil she was a sponge, soaking up every learning opportunity thrown at her. And, while the first three years of entrepreneurship were the most difficult, her own fiery curiosity fueled her desire to build a company that changes people’s lives. She often says her biggest inspiration is Phil’s clients, who manage to persevere in the face of what seem like insurmountable obstacles. Today, Kim is busy leading a team of dedicated professionals who provide the holistic solution for all social sector organisation needs.
Cayenne, the Mira dog she fostered with her family, has helped Kim reach the perfect balance of spending time in nature—taking the friendly canine on long walks—and assiduously organising Phil’s pursuits.
Kim was awarded the Artistri Sud Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2018 and is a recipient of the Governor General of Canada’s Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers.
Her volunteer work includes:
- Board of Governors, Concordia University
- Past president of the Board of Directors, Concordia University Alumni Association
- Giving Tuesday Civic Group founder for Quebec
- Co-Leader for the Women B-Corp CEO community in Canada
- Coralus (She-EO) activator
- Facilitator for the Advisory committee on the charitable sector
- Judge, JMSB International Case Competition
- Author of articles for Gift Planners In Canada (Hillborn) and AFP Canada
- Speaker for Imagine Canada, McGill University, Concordia University, Université de Montréal, HEC, MARCOM, Association des professionnels en gestion philanthropique (APGP), CAGP, AFP and workshops/webinars in association with CanadaHelps.
- Volunteer for many organizations including the Mira Foundation and CivitasX.
Publications and interviews
Time for creativity and bold ideas, The Globe and Mail (Nov 2022)
Concordia University Top 50 Under 50: The impactful non-profit promoter
Boodle Pro Tip: Enhance Your Online Donation Experience
Listen to Kim on the Nonprofit Hub Podcast: about the SDGs
Careers in Community Organizations, a panel hosted by Concordia University
CJAD Today’s Entrepreneur (January 20, 2020)
Inspiring stories from outstanding business people. Hosts Dan Delmar and Josh Miller profile business leaders who exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit of Quebec’s small and medium business community.
Jump ahead to 11:00 to hear Kim’s portion.